Thursday, June 11, 2015

Fit for a prince


The Stables Bar became famous earlier this year when HRH Prince Harry paid it a visit because and if royalty go there then it must be good.  Since it was also my birthday my friends and I wanted to go somewhere nice.

Despite it being a sunny lunch time we were quickly shown a table outside a table. It took a while to choose what to eat as there the menu was relatively extensive.

I always like unusual food so I went for the Pigs Ears which I had never tried before. They came out in small bite size pieces with a deep fried batter and a dip. These ears were crunchy and slightly chewy but not overly so.

My friend had the lamb and loved the flavour profile of this dish. She especially loved how the spiciness of the dish wasn’t overpowering but still provided each mouthful with a little kick. The Fries were perfectly done.  




We were especially impressed by the desserts. My deconstructed lemon meringue pie looked like something out of Master chef and I loved the lemon ice cream and how it complimented what would be the lemon filling. 

My friend chose a Wagon Wheel which she enjoyed and it wasn’t like the ones you pick up for a dollar at a local newsagents. It was well presented and came out with strawberry ice cream.


Some of our other fiends joined us later and enjoyed their dished but since we were enjoyed our dishes I can’t remember what they were called but they seemed to enjoy them a lot.



There is an extensive international wine list plus cocktails and beer. The coffee wasn't bad. 



I really the location of this bar as it felt part of the city but not part of the hustle and bustle of the CBD. I loved the historical aspect of the venue and how it used to be a working stable in the past. It is nice to know that Perth hasn’t knocked down everything of historical value.



Click to add a blog post for The Stables Bar on Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...