Friday, May 1, 2015

Breakfast out is a perfect start to the day

I love the Australian tradition of going out for breakfast. It is such a nice way of spending time with friends while enjoying great food and coffee.

Today I caught up with a friend and we decided to visit one of the many cafés near my house.

Zucchero Espresso Bar is a Victoria Park institution and while I had been to it before, it had been a while. On weekends it is often it is packed both inside and out but because we went on a Friday morning it was less busy.

My friend chose the Brioche French Toast with berry compote which came highly recommended and was nicely presented. It was well complimented by her cappuccino.


I ordered the Bacon Stack which was very memorable. The serving was generous and the scrambled eggs were rich, creamy and perfectly done. The mushrooms were also perfect while the bacon was very crispy.


The only negative was that the whole dish was a little too salty. I know that bacon is normally salty and I don’t know if eggs and mushrooms had any extra but it was a little overpowering. Don’t get me wrong, I did love it and it kept me full all day.        

The coffee was OK.


Zucchero Espresso is pretty good but is probably at risk of being outshone but its upstart cousins down the road such as Harvest and The Imp but this shouldn’t be a reason not to visit. This is especially true because it has more space and is more family friendly.         

Zucchero Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...