Monday, April 13, 2015

When life throws you lemons


Life often has a habit of throwing you lemons.

When life does send you a lemon (whose juice gets in your eye) you have a choice to either feel it burn and move on or to wallow in the pain.

Recently my life has been very lemony.  

While I won’t bore you with the details, I just wanted to share what I have learnt.

During my time in the dog house, I have spent a lot of time with my family and good friends. These people are the people that actually matter and that are helping me through this tough time in my life. For this, I am eternally grateful and I hope that I can do the same for them too one day.

Other people were too busy doing their own thing (which is ok, no hard feelings) and not really prepared to back up their talk of women supporting each other. Now I know that my company is better than yours.

I was also able to attend a whole heap of festivals: French Film Festival, PerthFestival, Fringe Festival and Perth Writers’ Festival. I also got to go to rock concerts, classical music concerts, Opera in the Park, exhibitions at the WA Art Gallery and a hawkers’ market. I had such a good time!


Another thing that I was eternally grateful for is the time I can spend on my music. Usually, it is a bit of a logical nightmare to juggle my choir commitments (plus a music lesson)with work and normally I am exhausted by the time I get to rehearsal but not this time. Over the past few months I could make all of my commitments while enjoying every minute and I wasn’t too tired. Yay!!

I also got to enjoy going out for lunch. I went to Parliament House for a truly civilised lunch as well as Edosei and Palsaik Namboo which I found to be both great places to eat.

Cooking at home was another thing I really enjoyed. It was especially cool not to have to eat out of a Tupperware container in some windowless room.    


I also loved hanging out at home as usually I am barely there, which seems a bit pointless considering the amount of time needed to work to pay the mortgage. I loved pottering around and taking time over coffees while pondering the meaning (or lack of it) of life. I also got to do the many chores that needed doing such as cleaning the windows and the bathroom as well as catching up with doing the ironing which was usually done while watching Gossip Girl. 




I am glad of the tough times, they are the moments that give you strength, puts things into perspective, develop your character and show you who your real friends. It is showing me that I am tough and won’t be slapped down. It is helping me to understand that I could either stay at home and feel sorry for myself or go out and have a good time, which I did.



So here is to the future. Who know what will happen next but this period of my life will go down as the time I beat the lemons and had a ball.   
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...