Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sixteen Ounces of a good time




I love Saturday morning breakfasts out, especially when a good café is involved and I get to spend time with an especially good friend.

Last Saturday was a lovely sunny spring day, a friend and I picked out a local café to enjoy breakfast, drink coffee and chat.

I’ve always wanted to try Sixteen Ounces, as I have heard lots of good things about this café and I’ve only been there to pick a takeaway coffee before work.

This café is a relatively new place but is as good as any of the more established cafés in the immediate area. Unlike the others, Sixteen Ounces has a defiant cooler vibe to it, thanks to its funky décor.

The staff were very friendly and efficient. They who soon took our order and before we knew it, our food came out.

I ordered an Avocado Smash which includes avocado on bread with a sprinkle of Feta and my friend had Hollandaise Bratwurst Toast.

We both like them and agreed that they were at the upper end of not bad; not that they was anything wrong with them, but they were a little ordinary and needed a little chutney or a bit of garlic and lemon to add a bit of zing and punch. They were well presented and just the right size.



'


Our coffees were lovely and looked good. You are able to enjoy the house blend as well as the single origin blend but the HB is the one that they use in their default grinder. My latte was good but I liked my Long Mac more as it had more flavour but I am just a strong coffee kinda gal.  

They also have a wide range of snacks and cakes and would be perfect for afternoon tea but get in early because they shut at 4.30. 





This brings me to their opening hours. It would be great if 16 Ounces could open longer as its cool atmosphere would make it perfect for younger people to meet for dessert and coffee later in the day. The Imp Cafe (East Vic Park) does it and it would be great to have a cooler cafe closer where I could stop off for coffee on the way home after a late shift.   


This café is great. The vibe is great, the staff are great and the food is nice. What more could you possibly ask for in your local café? We will defiantly be back!  







Sixteen Ounces on Urbanspoon  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...